We hope you’ll join us at Living Stone Calvary Chapel as we seek God through His Scriptures and prayer, and build encouraging relationships in a Christ-honoring environment. Each Sunday, we worship together in song and prayer, and Pastor Sean Meagher leads us through a biblical verse-by-verse study so that we may understand and apply God’s will to our lives. Children and teenagers learn in separate classes designed to bring God’s love and truth to their lives. During the week, we meet for prayer, worship, accountability, and further Bible study to strengthen our faith. As a fellowship, our aim is to love and to serve. We serve as a team to ensure the needs of the people and facilities are met. And we are blessed with the privilege of honoring God as we serve those in His kingdom.
About Pastor Sean
Pastor Sean moved to Canon City, Colo., from Washington State in 1996 to help plant a church with Pastor Mitch Dunfee, his wife, Marci, and two other families. Living Stone Calvary Chapel, the result of this church plant, began in February 1996 as a Thursday-night Bible study.
In February 2005, Pastor Mitch and Marci moved after he was called back to Calvary Chapel Tri-Cities in Kennewick, Wash. It was then that Pastor Sean begun caring for the church full-time as senior pastor.
Sean, who grew up in eastern Washington, previously lived a life in bondage to drugs and alcohol. He was raised in a religious home where he was taught about God—but never about a saving relationship with Jesus Christ or the grace of God. It wasn’t until Sean was 22 that he heard and accepted the gospel message of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus. He experienced freedom and transformation that jails and treatment centers had never been able to offer.
Sean and his wife, Autumn, have been married for 20 years. Together they have four children: Ryley, Noah, Molly and Meagan. When Sean is not spending time with his family or caring for the church, he is out enjoying Colorado’s Rocky Mountains where he likes to hike, hunt for elk, and fly fish.
Statement of Faith
The Calvary Chapel Church has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and be conformed into His image by the power and grace of the Holy Spirit. We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations as such, only their tendency to overemphasize doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ.
- We Believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His Agape love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- We Believe worship of God should be Spiritual. Therefore we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship
- We Believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore we give great place to music in our worship
- We Believe worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore our services are designed with great emphasis on teaching the Word of God that He might instruct us how He would be worshipped
- We Believe worship of God should be fruitful. Therefore we look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have truly been worshipping Him